Top 10 Benefits of Physical Activity
Most Americans do not move enough. The good news is that regular physical activity is one of the easiest ways to reduce your risk of chronic disease and to improve your quality of life.
Make physical activity a priority to:
1. Improve your memory and brain function (all age groups).
2. Protect against many chronic diseases.
3. Aid in weight management.
4. Lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
5. Improve your quality of sleep.
6. Reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
7. Combat cancer-related fatigue.
8. Improve joint pain and stiffness.
9. Maintain muscle strength and balance.
10. Increase the life span.
Did you know you should get a physical therapy check-up each year? Many people go to their doctor once a year for a physical with their primary care physicians, but those do not specifically cater to the musculoskeletal system. That’s why you also need an annual check-up with a physical therapist. Your body is constantly changing and adapting as you age and move each day. Even if you are not in pain, Judice Sports & Rehabcan help you prevent injuries and make sure that you are physically able to participate in the activities you love to do. If you are having pain, we can address it and give you the tools you need to get back on track.
Physical therapists, like Dr. Greg, are movement experts who improve quality of life through hands-on care, patient education, and prescribed movement. Physical therapists treat people of all ages and abilities and empower individuals to take an active part in their own care. After an evaluation, your physical therapist will create a treatment plan for your specific needs and goals. Now is the time to schedule your annual physical therapy check-up!
Besides preventative care, there are many reasons why seeing a physical therapist can be helpful. We recommend you see a physical therapist anytime you are in any of the following situations!
- Anytime you experience PAIN, discomfort, or strain when doing something you love
- Any time you are about to start a fitness program or start a new training regimen
- Any time you change sports
- After you have completed rehab post-surgery and are trying to resume normal activities
You don’t need a prescription from your doctor to take advantage of this service. The physical therapy check-up is a supplement to your annual physical. More often than not, individuals get too busy or they are simply too tired to take care of their health. If you set up a year-long plan with a physical therapist you can avoid some of the health problems and injuries that can develop as a result of living a fast-paced and stressful lifestyle. You will also be more likely to stick with the personalized regimen if you have a physical therapist to guide you on a regular basis. Call us today! 636-686-0503.